Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Preparing For The Interview - Step # 1

I have a confession to make.  I'm a terrible night owl.  When most people are in the REM stage of sleep, I'm up eating dinner, watching "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" (I admit I'm addicted), surfing the web, reading or meditating.  I'm not talking 12 or 1a.m. night owl.  Try 2 or 3ish night owl.  It's a carry over from childhood.  I always loved to stay up late and my mom would yell up the stairs, "Laura, go to bed!".  Obviously, it didn't help.  In my 20's I was a professional singer (and waitress to support my in-between gigs) and would perform in smokey clubs til wee hours of the morning.  Many a night I was coming in when normal people would be headed to work.  That's another story....

What has all this got to do with interview preparation?  Everything.  How can you look your best, feel your best and be on your toes in an interview if the night before you didn't take care of yourself?  Most likely,  you won't get to round two of the interview if you're not at the top of your game.  So, do yourself a favor and turn the TV, computer, Smart Phone and your brain off and rest.  Now, I'm going to take my own advice and go to bed while it's still early (only 1:00 a.m.!).

More to follow......

"Good Night, And Good Luck"

Laura Rivchun

No comments:

Post a Comment