Wednesday, January 25, 2012
7 Great Reasons To Take A Temporary Job
I'm no statistician but I was in the staffing business for more years than I care to mention and I can tell you this: temporary work is better than no work at all. It may not be the ideal scenario for you but in the eyes of an employer, you look more attractive working ( temp, contract, freelance) than having empty real estate space on your resume.
Here are 7 reasons to take a temporary job while looking for your ideal one to surface:
1. You'll be making money
2. Your headset (emotions) will be in a better place
3. You'll be making new connections that can lead to referrals and other work
4. Your skills are less likely to get rusty
5. Temporary work can often lead to a permanent position
6. You are more desirable in the eyes of an employer
7. Work tends to generate more work and opens up new doors and opportunities
If anything, keep an open mind if a temporary, freelance or contract job is offered you. You never know where your next position will show it's face......
"By all means, let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
~ Richard Dawkins
"Good Night, And Good Luck"