Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Do You Expect Yourself To Be Perfect?

"I am not perfectionist, but I like to feel that things are done well.  I feel an endless need to learn, to improve, and to evolve.  Not only to please other people, but also to feel satisfied with myself.  It is my conviction there are no limits to learning and that it can never stop, no matter what our age".

I'd like to say I wrote this quote on perfectionism, but that wouldn't be the truth.  These words ring true for me so I was compelled to share them.  I knew I wanted to write a post on perfectionism after having a heartfelt conversation with my sister but it took me so long to put the words on paper I found myself doing the very thing I wanted to write about!

  All of us get caught up with the need to be perfect,  especially in our work.  I believe we end up doing ourselves damage and often miss the moment.  I think it's commendable to push ourselves and set high goals but I think perfectionism is one of those elusive things in life.  Maybe I'm wrong.  But when I try to be "perfect", I wind up driving myself and everyone around me crazy.

When it comes to our work, it's important to challenge ourselves and do our very best.  That's all anyone (including your boss) can ask.

"Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor".
Anne Lamott


"Good Night, And Good Luck"

Laura Rivchun

1 comment: