Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 3, 2012

Need Help With Your Career?

Asking for help is not always easy.  We like to think we can do everything on our own.  I'm one of those people.  Maybe it's a fear of losing control or feeling beholden to another person.   It seems to be easier to give help than get help.  i guess that's why I enjoy my work coaching and consulting individuals.  So why is it so hard to get help in return?  Hmmm...

 I've worked with so many people who don't know how to reach out to someone who might be in a position to help them.  People are flattered to be asked and the more professional a person is, the more they are inclined to lend a helping hand.  So, don't be afraid to ask for that referral, reference, exploratory interview or informational lunch.  It feels great to be confident enough to ask and even better to exchange the favor.

"Everyone needs help from everyone."
~ Bertolt Brecht

"Good Night, And Good Luck"

Laura Rivchun

2 comments:

  1. As usual, your advice is so timely. Just the boost I need! Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, glad I could help out. All of us can use a boost now and then!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete