Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Got Mentor, Anyone?

It must be an OCD thing with me.  For several posts, I was on my "network, network" kick.  But I meant every word when I so emphatically expressed the importance of networking.  Well, it seems I've moved on to my "mentor, mentor" kick.  Trust me, I mean every word here, too.  Finding your mentor or being a mentor  has great rewards.    Now you're thinking, "Oh no, there goes Laura again with her obligatory ranting and raving about some career topic."  You can't say I'm not passionate about my work (is mentoring work?).

Last night I met my mentee at a midtown Starbucks for our monthly get together.  We had a great time talking about her trip to Spain and her mishaps in Tangier.  I also learned she's great at giving manicure/pedicures.  Lucky me!!  We even managed to talk about career stuff!!  It felt great to connect with someone so bright, engaging and ambitious (did I mention funny?).  The thought of making a difference in her life and career is invaluable.  I learned a thing or two from her last night as well.

Did I mention I have another mentee?  He couldn't make it last night but I'm sure we'll find a way to catch up.  Hmmm, I wonder if he gives manicures/pedicures?

"Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction."
~ John Crosby

"Good Night, And Good Luck"

Laura Rivchun

PS - If you're curious about what you can learn from a mentee and how they can make a difference in your life, please email me directly at lrcareercoach@gmail.com.  I'd love to share some of my life changing insights on these very special relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment