Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Best Friends


I'm very blessed.  I have two wonderful sisters, a brother-in-law who is more like a brother (I call him Brudda), a nephew who is more like a son  (he calls me "Homey"), a boyfriend I adore (he sends me home with food) and a few really good friends.  Who could ask for anything else, right?  These people that mean the world to me all share the same thing in common.  They're my cheerleaders, champions and support.  There've been times I didn't  know what I would have done without them.  Do you have anyone in your life you can count on when things get tough?  I bet you do.  I consider all these relationships as though they were my best friends.  

The truth is, all of us need a strong support system particularly in these challenging times.  Changing careers or being out of work is pretty challenging.  While no one can hold your hand in the interview, deal with a difficult boss or make your career decisions, they can let you know they're in your corner and tell you they think you're the best thing since sliced bread.  No one can give you the confidence you need when you're out there pounding the pavement, but knowing they believe in you is the icing on the cake.    

"Good Night, And Good Luck"

Laura Rivchun

No comments:

Post a Comment